Find the treasure in reading while helping to fund the Cabrillo Library and other essential school needs. Ask family and friends to pledge money based on how many hours you read between April 17 and May 12. Prizes include gift certificates to our upcoming Scholastic Book Fair (May 19 -22), as well as fun prizes for your class and the entire school!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Collect pledges based on how many hours you will read between April 17 and May 12. You can either record these on a paper pledge sheet or by setting up a donation page on 99Pledges.com, which will allow your donors to pay by credit card. Sponsors can also make a flat donation for your participation in the Readathon.
To set up on online donation page, visit: app.99pledges.com/fund/cabrillo24. Click on the link that says Add Participant at the bottom of the page (see below). Enter your name (can be first name only), and your email address (optional). Share the page link with family and friends to ask for pledges based on how many hours you read.
READ READ READ!
You can read whatever you like to count towards your Readathon hours: graphic novels, audiobooks, magazines, or family reading time. Just be sure to keep track of how many minutes you read on either a paper reading log or the online reading tracker provided by 99Pledges.com (once you create a donation page, you will receive an email with a link to your reading tracker). You do NOT need to turn in your paper reading log unless you want to be considered for the top reader per grade prize.
COLLECT YOUR DONATIONS:
Sponsors can pay online through your 99Pledges page, or by check (made out to Cabrillo PTO) or cash. Be sure to turn in all donations by Monday, May 14. All donations are tax deductible (online donors will automatically receive a tax receipt. If a sponsor would like a receipt for a cash or check donation, please make a note on your pledge sheet).
You can win individual prizes, as well as prizes for your class and the entire school!
- Any class who collectively raises $1000 or more will receive an Otter Pop Party!
- The class with the most student participation will receive an It’s-It Ice Cream Party!
If we raise $12,000, we will all win a Dress Like Your Favorite Book Character Day!
- $10 wins a prize at the Book Fair.
- $25 wins a swim pass to the Oceana Pool (courtesy of Pacifica Parks, Beaches & Recreation), and a prize at the Book Fair.
- $50 wins a $5 gift certificate for the Book Fair, a swim pass, and a chance to participate in the Treasure Grab at the Book Fair.
- $100+ wins a $10 gift certificate for the Book Fair, a swim pass, a chance to participate in the Treasure Grab, and your name on the Library Super Heroes Wall of Fame, which will be on display at the Book Fair and in the school library.
- Students who read and log the highest number of minutes for their grade will win a prize at the Book Fair, and their name on the Super Readers Wall of Fame, which will be on display at the Book Fair and in the school library. You do not need to collect any donations for the Read-a-thon to be considered for this prize.
- The student who collects the most in donations will receive a $50 gift certificate from the Book Fair.
Contact Rita Zoph and Ashley Larsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.