Hello Cabrillo Families,
THANK YOU for three successful days of school pictures! This was my personal best week this school year, as I finally got to see students! Thank you for bringing your children to picture day; your kids are why I’m here and it did me a world of good to see them! At final count, we had almost 500 photos taken. For those of you who were unable to come to picture day, we will be scheduling make up day soon, and will
let you know the date once it is secured. We are looking at a December date for this.
To order your Lifetouch school pictures, go to: www.mylifetouch.com
Next you’ll be prompted to enter the Cabrillo Picture Day ID, which is EVTPJTZRM
From there you’ll be asked to put in your child’s name and grade level.
Thanks to those of you who dropped off your yellow emergency cards when you came in for picture day. We are still missing 37 yellow emergency cards – please bring them in!
If you have an incoming kindergartner next year (2021-2022), or you know someone who does – they will want to see the attached flyer regarding our annual kindergarten lottery. Please check out this attachment!
Earlier this week, I recorded this short Halloween story, called A Very Brave Witch. I gave the link with K-2nd grade teachers to share with students. If you’d like your child to hear a sweet Halloween story, copy and paste the link below!
Kudos to the creative staff at Cabrillo! This morning I attended a first grade Halloween Dance Party on zoom. I am continually impressed by the effort and creativity of Cabrillo’s staff, as they design unique learning and celebration opportunities for our students! Thank you also, to our fabulous parents who created the Cabrillo Halloween Parade.
On Thursday, Cabrillo students and staff participated in Jumpstart’s 15th annual “Read for the Record” program by reading this year’s book selection Evelyn Del Rey is Moving Away, written by Meg Medina. It is a story of friendship and connection – important themes for us all during this time of social distancing. Each year, during Jumpstart’s Read for the Record, adults celebrate the transformative power of books by reading to children in their communities. This act creates a positive association with reading
and learning and highlights the social-emotional benefits that occur from one-to-one reading. In 2019, over 2.1 million readers participated in the campaign, spanning 34 countries. This year, Mrs. Beckmeyer created a bilingual presentation of the story, with the help of a wonderful student volunteer from Terra Nova High School. Check out this link!
Don’t forget to turn your clocks back an hour this weekend.
Be well and have a safe Halloween!
Annie Flores-Aikey, Principal
Notes from the PTO
Dear Cabrillo families,
Happy almost- Halloween everyone!!
We hope you all have a fun and safe way to celebrate tomorrow!
A HUGE thank you to 2nd grade Casey Porter for putting together a virtual parade. You can view it here on Canva or on YouTube ENJOY!
Our Annual Direct Donation Drive for Cabrillo School! is continuing to collect donation!!Your direct donation to Cabrillo PTO goes to pay for Art Supplies, Spindrift Classes, various materials that are sent home and supports teachers in their classrooms. 100% of your donation will be put to these amazing programs and materials that are vital to teachers and students!
Also, we are asking for a donation for teacher’s appreciation so that class liaisons can purchase gifts for your child’s teacher on behalf of the class.
All of this information and donations can be easily be made by visiting our website. We know this is a difficult time, so please donate if you can, and whatever amount is comfortable to you. Cabrillo students and teachers thank you!
Have a spook-tacular weekend!
Cabrillo PTO President
Check Out our Flyer to kick off our Direct Donation Drive (Click Here for Live Links)
Cabrillo After School Enrichment
- SMCL Student Resources
- Tech Café: Using Help Now for Homework Help (and More) HelpNow is your one-stop resource for all the homework help you need, whether you’re in kindergarten or college (and beyond)! Connect live with an expert tutor for homework help in English & Spanish, seven days a week from 12 PM – 10 PM PST. Build your skills independently with SkillSurfer. Get live help for language learners in the Language Lab.
- NEW: Jefferson High School District Virtual Open Houses!! English Info Flyer & Spanish Info Flyer
- CALFresh Food Benefits (must register between Oct. 7-13) English Flyer & Spanish Flyer
- Flu Vaccine Mobile Clinic – English Flyer & Spanish Flyer
- NEW San Mateo Area Chamber of Commerce Talent Show (Application due Nov. 2nd)
- San Mateo County Guidelines regarding Halloween
- 10/25 Rotary Club hosts – Wheel of Fortune
- STAR Vista Parent/Caregiver Education Workshops
- Census 2020 in Schools
- Pacifica Resource Center Flyer
- ABCs of Coverage for Kids
- Get Care all Year Long
- Health Exams and Immunization Clinic (English)
- Health Exams and Immunization Clinic (Spanish)
- Intended for Older Students: How to talk to your child about Digital Safety
- Intended for Older Students: Helping your Teen Safely Navigate the Online World
- Mature Content: Online Safety Guide for Parents, Children & Teens