Wild About Reading: 23rd Annual Cabrillo Readathon
Spread the love of reading while helping to fund the Cabrillo Library and other essential school needs. Ask family and friends to pledge money based on how many hours your child reads between February 10 and March 6. Prizes include gift certificates to our upcoming Scholastic Book Fair (March 16-20), as well as fun prizes for your child’s class and the entire school!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Collect pledges based on how many hours your child reads between February 10 and March 6. You can either record these on a paper pledge sheet or by setting up a donation page on 99Pledges, which will allow your donors to pay by credit card. Sponsors can also make a flat donation for participating in the Readathon.
To set up on online donation page, visit: https://app.99pledges.com/fund/23rdannual
Click on the link that says Add Participant at the bottom of the page. Enter your child’s name (can be first name only), and your email address (optional). Share the page link with family and friends to ask for pledges based on how many hours your child reads.
READ READ READ!
Students can read whatever they like to count towards their Readathon hours: graphic novels, audiobooks, magazines, or family reading time. Just be sure that they keep track of how many minutes they read each day on either their regular classroom reading log or the one provided here (printed logs are also available in the school office). They should turn in one log for each week of the Readathon. All reading logs must be signed by a parent or guardian.
COLLECT YOUR DONATIONS:
Sponnors can pay online through your 99Pledges page, or by check (made out to Cabrillo PTO) or cash. Be sure to turn in all donations by Monday, March 9. All donations are tax deductible (online donors will automatically receive a tax receipt. If a sponsor would like a receipt for a cash or check donation, please make a note on your pledge sheet.)
Your child can win individual prizes, as well as prizes for her class and the entire school!
- Any class who collectively raises $1000 or more will receive an Otter Pop party!
- The class with the most student participation will receive free popcorn at the Book Fair.
- If we raise $15,000, we will all win a Crazy Hair Day. Even our principal will participate!
- $20,000 wins a Chalk the Blacktop Day!
- $10 wins a prize at the Book Fair.
- $25 wins a swim pass to the Oceana Pool (courtesy of Pacifica Parks, Beaches & Recreation), and a chance to participate in the coin grab.
- $50 wins a $5 gift certificate for the Book Fair, a swim pass, and a chance to participate in the coin grab.
- $100+ wins a $10 gift certificate for the Book Fair, a swim pass, a chance to participate in the coin grab, and your child’s name on the Library Super Heroes Wall of Fame, which will be on display at the Book Fair and in the school library.
- Students who read and log the most number of minutes for their grade will win a prize at the Book Fair, and their name on the Super Readers Wall of Fame, which will be on display at the Book Fair and in the school library.
- The student who collects the most in donations will receive $50 worth of books from Scholastic.com.
Contact Ashley Larsen at email@example.com.